Therapeutic Working Alliance
Hypnotherapy, Coaching and Counselling (including CBT – Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and NLP – Neuro Linguistic Programming) services are all collaborative therapies / treatments and are ultimately reliant upon commitment and motivation from both therapist and client to get the best results. Part of our work occurs in the consulting room but some is cognitive reflection or homework in the form of agreed tasks and will be need to be completed outside the consulting room, such as listening to a CD before you go to sleep.
As the client, when you agree to undertake a course of therapy or arrive for individual treatments you also agree to engage fully with the process and complete any homework that is discussed and agreed during your sessions. It is through this collaborative and therapeutic alliance that you will see the best results.
Therapy Sessions & Fees
Each standard therapy session lasts between 50 and 60 minutes and the rates can be found on the relevant page of the website.
Bodywork treatment times differ and can be adjusted to meet your needs.
Standard rates for all services are listed on the relevant treatment / therapy page. At certain times of the year we may offer vouchers, discounts or offers for some of our treatments, please note that the relevant offer terms will need to be met e.g. voucher presented at time of treatment etc.
Fees are payable at the end of each session by cash, cheque or in advance by BACS
Cheques are made payable to J Beddow.
You may pay in advance if you wish, should we agree a fixed number of therapy sessions, any discounts or concessions will be agreed prior to commencement and confirmed in writing.
You, as a client, commit to attend the all appointments made.
- Your timely attendance is part of your commitment to therapy
- If you do not cancel in a reasonable* time then you have stopped someone else having that appointment.
A minimum of 24 hours notice* is required to cancel any session, this must be via telephone, text or email. If an appointment is cancelled with less notice then the full session fee will apply.
If we have to cancel or move your session you will be given at least 48 hours notice, more if possible.
Late cancellation or no show fees may be waived in mitigating circumstances.
Arriving Late for an Appointment
If you are running late, please make contact as soon as possible.
Although we will try and accommodate late arrivals this will be dependent upon the subsequent client and so cannot be guaranteed.
If your session needs to be curtailed due to your late arrival then the session fee remains payable in full.
Your privacy and safety are of utmost importance and your details will be treated confidentially. The only exception or breach in confidentiality will be in the following circumstances:
- You or someone else is at serious risk of harm
- I am ordered by court order to disclose information
- Disclosure to GP – action is discussed with you prior to any contact
All my work is conducted in accordance with and reference to the relevant ethical guidelines and principles (BACP / NCH)
In order to ensure continued best practice, I receive regular clinical supervision of my work with clients. All client notes and any discussions are anonymised.
During supervision it may be necessary to review your case, but any reference that could allow you to be identified is removed and each client is referenced by a number and or initials only.
As a member of a number of professional bodies I continue to develop and retain up to date knowledge and information about each area in which I practice. I attend a range of Continued Professional Development Courses throughout the year which meet and usually exceeds the minimum requirements of each regulatory body / Standard.
Standards of Behaviour
- I undertake to treat you with respect and not to abuse the trust you put in me.
- I, as the therapist, will use best practice at all times in our mutual interest.
- You, as the client, undertake not to harm yourself, or any other person, including me, or any property belonging either to me or any other person.
- You agree not to come to sessions under the influence of alcohol or recreational drugs, except those medications prescribed by your doctor.
- I reserve the right to cancel the session and refuse any further therapy sessions if any of the above points are breached.
- Any expression of dissatisfaction should initially be discussed with me and if not resolved full details of the complaint should be sent to me and they will be reviewed at supervision.
- If your complaint remains unresolved you have the right to forward it to the relevant association / council / regulatory body – depending upon therapy.
Results may vary from person to person.
The Good Therapy Works (inc. Jo Beddow Hypnotherapy) does not dispense medical advice or prescribe the use of any technique as a replacement form of treatment for physical, mental or medical problems by your doctor either directly or indirectly.
The Good Therapy Works’ intention is to offer a variety of therapies and complimentary treatments to help clients in their quest for growth, emotional and physical wellbeing.
As good practice we would always recommend you tell your doctor about any treatment or therapy, if in doubt about the appropriateness of any treatment or therapy please always seek advice from your doctor prior to receiving treatment.